BEL AIR VILLAGE STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
The services available on the https://camping-iledupont.com website are proposed by Alpha Camping. Founded on 24 June 2013, Alpha Camping is a simplified joint-stock company with a capital of €10,000.00, whose registered office is located at 36 avenue du Rocher, 94100 Saint-Maur-Des-Fossés, France. The company is incorporated in the Créteil Register of Companies under number 793 853 128. You can contact Alpha Camping by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com.
By using this website and purchasing any of the accommodation services advertised by Alpha Camping, customers indicate their complete acceptance of these standard terms and conditions of sale and their full agreement to all the provisions herein. Any services that customers purchase directly from a service provider are not governed by these standard terms and conditions of sale. In such cases, Alpha Camping is not a party to the contract.
Caution: you may be requested to leave a deposit upon checking in, especially when renting accommodation or equipment. Customers shall contract directly with the service providers requiring such a deposit, and consequently Alpha Camping disclaims any involvement or liability.
To use and benefit from these services, we would advise you to read carefully through the following standard terms and conditions of sale. These terms and conditions govern holiday-related sales and will become effective when customers place an order.
SECTION 1 – BOOKINGS
1. All bookings must be accompanied by a minimum payment equal to 30% of the holiday value, including the price of the accommodation and any options (not including any insurance and administrative costs, which will be charged when paying the deposit). The balance must be paid no later than 30 days before the holiday start date. If the balance is not paid on time, the booking may be cancelled and any sums already paid will be retained. In the event of a late booking (less than 30 days before the holiday start date), the total amount of the holiday must be paid at the time of booking.
2. The booking contract between the customer and Camping Paradis will only be binding when the holiday invoice has been sent to the customer by email or post.
SECTION 2 – PRICES AND CONDITIONS
All specified prices apply to the 2019 season and are expressed in euros (including VAT).
Tourist tax must also be paid at the rate of €0.35 per day and per person.
1. The stated prices are either per accommodation or per person (in the latter case, “price per person” is clearly displayed on the webpage showing the accommodation prices). Prices vary according to the dates, the length of the stay and the type of accommodation. Unless otherwise stipulated, prices include the accommodation only.
2. Since the descriptions of the accommodation services are supplied by our providers, changes may be made (equipment and fittings added or withdrawn). Camping Paradis will do its utmost to inform customers accordingly during registration or otherwise update the websites.
3. Transport with your personal vehicle: if your vehicle breaks down or if you arrive late due to traffic conditions, Camping Paradis will not be liable for any additional costs or cancellation charges resulting from your failure to check into the booked accommodation.
4. Sports: deposits will often be required when borrowing sports equipment or board games (rackets, games, etc.). Such equipment and games must be returned in good condition.
5. Pets: Camping Paradis accepts pets (+€45/pet/rental stay), excluding the dog breeds listed in Categories 1 and 2 (dogs bred for fighting and defence) in France’s Rural Code (Section L.211-16).
6. Any additional services ordered directly on site without Camping Paradis’s involvement are not subject to these standard terms and conditions of sale. Camping Paradis will under no circumstances be liable for any additional costs or cancellation fees associated with such services.
SECTION 3 – ACCOMMODATION
1. The different types of accommodation are rated in accordance with local standards.
2. Photos and illustrations: best efforts have been made to provide photos and illustrations that give customers a general idea of the services on offer. Such photos and illustrations are intended to offer customers an insight into the accommodation’s category or level of comfort and are therefore not binding.
SECTION 4 – ADMINISTRATIVE FEES
An administrative fee of €10.00 will be charged for each booking, irrespective of whether reservations are made directly online or via our call centre.
SECTION 5 – TERMS OF PAYMENT
- For bookings made more than 30 days before the holiday start date, a deposit equal to 30% of the total value of all services reserved must be paid to the campsite at the time of booking. The balance must be paid no later than 30 days prior to the holiday start date at the campsite.
- For bookings made less than 30 days before the holiday start date, the total value must be paid to the campsite at the time of booking.
SECTION 6 – CHECK-IN
For all stays at the Ile du Pont Campsite in Mirande, customers must check in at reception, so that they can be given the keys to their accommodation or directed to their pre-booked pitch.
In the event of a late arrival, customers must notify the Ile du Pont Campsite by calling +33 (0)5 62 66 64 11 to arrange another appointment for receiving the keys to their accommodation.
SECTION 7 – COMPLAINTS
In the event of a complaint relating to the non-performance or poor performance of the rental contract, customers must report their complaint immediately at the campsite and in writing to Camping Paradis, Camping de Ile du Pont, Chemin du Batardeau, 32300 Mirande, France. We will not be liable for the cost of any telephone calls or postal charges incurred in filing your complaint.
If the complaint cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, kindly submit your complaint in writing as soon as possible to: Camping Paradis, Camping de Ile du Pont, Chemin du Batardeau, 32300 Mirande, France.
You can also email your complaint to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Complaints or disputes will not be accepted over the telephone.
Therefore, any complaints must be submitted in writing and made separately (one per booking). Group-based complaints or petitions will not be accepted.
SECTION 8 – PARTICIPANT’S LIABILITY
1. Any interrupted or curtailed holidays or any ground services that are not used by the participant for any reason whatsoever will not be refunded.
2. Customers must draw the seller’s attention to any elements that were decisive in their choice or any particular requirements in the registration contract received from the seller.
3. Any disputes relating to the price of the accommodation will be rejected if received after the holiday has started. Customers are responsible for determining whether the price is suitable before their departure.
4. Disabled customers: the Ile du Pont Campsite in Mirande is suitably equipped to receive disabled customers. It is important to specify the disability at the time of booking. Otherwise, the campsite will decline any complaints based on the claim that facilities are unfit for purpose. Any persons with reduced mobility – travelling with or without an accompanying person – caused by a sensory or motor impairment, age, illness or any other reason causing a disability that needs special care or requires the services offered to be adapted, such disability must be indicated at the time of booking or in writing to email@example.com.
5. We would like to point out that hospitality service providers are not liable for rented mobile homes, chalets, bungalows and other types of outdoor accommodation (hereinafter “rented accommodation”) in accordance with applicable legislation. Consequently, Camping Paradis will not be held liable for the loss, theft or damage of any personal belongings in our rented accommodation, communal areas and adjoining car parks. We would like to remind you that you are responsible for the security of your rented accommodation throughout your stay and for taking out the necessary insurance cover. Certain precautions can spare you potential inconveniences, such as closing your picture windows before leaving your rented accommodation and locking your doors. Note that Camping Paradis will not be liable for any personal belongings left behind inside your rented accommodation after your departure.
SECTION 9 – TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
Travel documents (vouchers) are emailed to the customer upon paying the balance. Customers must read, print out and present the documents to the reception desk at the Ile du Pont Campsite in Mirande.
If customers fail to receive their travel documents, especially due to a problem with the email system, customers are responsible for contacting the campsite, so that the travel documents can be sent by post.
Camping Paradis will under no circumstances be liable for any additional costs or cancellation fees resulting from the customer’s failure to present the required documents. Customers are responsible for fulfilling all administrative and health formalities, including passport costs, ID cards, visas and vaccinations.
SECTION 10 – COST OF MODIFICATIONS REQUESTED BY THE CUSTOMER
Any modification requests must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Camping de Ile du Pont, Chemin du Batardeau, 32300 Mirande, France.
Changes to the holiday contract are subject to the following costs:
- More than 90 days prior to the start of the stay: 10% of the modified service
- Between 90 and 30 days prior to the start of the stay: 15% of the modified service
- Between 29 and 7 days prior to the start of the stay: 80% of the modified service
- Less than 7 days prior to the start of the stay: 100% of the modified service
No fees will be charged for changing the names or number of participants, provided that the number of participants does not exceed the property’s maximum capacity.
In the event of a booking featuring several accommodations, cancelling one or more of the accommodations in the booking will incur cancellation costs only for the accommodations concerned.
SECTION 11 – COST OF CANCELLATIONS REQUESTED BY THE CUSTOMER
Any cancellation requests must be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to Camping de Ile du Pont, Chemin du Batardeau, 32300 Mirande, France.
Cancellations are subject to the following costs:
- More than 90 days prior to the start of the stay: 30% of the cancelled service
- Between 90 and 30 days prior to the start of the stay: 50% of the cancelled service
- Between 29 and 7 days prior to the start of the stay: 80% of the cancelled service
- Less than 7 days prior to the start of the stay: 100% of the cancelled service
Administrative fees, insurance and the cost of any other options will be fully retained if customers cancel their booking.
Any stay that has already started will be considered to have been fulfilled and will not be refunded.
If customers cancel one or more ordered services during their stay, they may not request any reduction in price from Camping Paradis.
SECTION 12 – MODIFICATIONS OR CANCELLATIONS BEYOND THE CUSTOMER’S CONTROL
1. If an essential feature of the stay is modified before customers leave, they may do any of the following within seven days of receiving notice of the modification:
a. Terminate the booking. All sums paid to Camping Paradis will be refunded.
b. Agree to the modifications and accept the resulting increase or reduction in price. Consequently, customers agree not to submit any complaints about the modifications made to the stay.
2. If the holiday is cancelled by reason of force majeure (strikes, inclement weather, technical incidents, etc.), all sums paid to Camping Paradis will be refunded.
3. In all cases where Camping Paradis has no choice but to modify or cancel the stay due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control or for reasons inspired by the customer’s best interest or safety, the sums corresponding to any services that have not been fulfilled and replaced will be refunded.
SECTION 13 – PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
In pursuance of Section 27 of France’s Data Protection Act, the information that the https://camping-iledupont.com/ website and its partners require to process and fulfil orders is marked with an asterisk on the website’s pages. The purpose of requesting any other optional information is to know more about you and thereby improve the services offered, while ensuring the security of your personal data.
Unless otherwise notified by the user, the https://camping-iledupont.com/ website may send the user’s information to its business partners in addition to the information that is strictly necessary for fulfilling orders. In pursuance of Section 34 of France’s Data Protection Act, you have the right to access, amend, rectify and erase your personal data. You can exercise this right by sending an email to our address.
SECTION 14 – IMAGES
You hereby give permission to Camping Paradis and any other person that Camping Paradis wishes to appoint as its representative to photograph, record or film you during your stay at Camping Paradis and use such images, sounds, videos and recordings on any storage medium whatsoever (especially Camping Paradis’s websites and pages – including Facebook, on Camping Paradis’s presentation or promotional media and in travel or tourist guides). Your permission applies to both you and the other people in your booking. The sole purpose of using your image is to promote and boost the Camping Paradis network and resorts, and your reputation will not be harmed in any way. Such permission is granted free of charge, for all countries and for an unspecified term.
SECTION 16 – PETS
Pets are allowed in the campsite (except for dogs that are classed as Category 1 or 2 by applicable legislation), subject to payment of a fee at the time of booking. If allowed, dogs must be kept on a leash at all times. Dogs are not permitted by the pool, in the food stores and in the reception, activity and sanitary buildings. Cats and dogs must be up-to-date with their vaccinations.